Monday, December 24, 2012

Dog Clip Art by Elizabeth Pastore

Over the years I have owned a few dogs. Some still with me others that have went on to join dog heaven. When I started my collection of dog clip art I honored each of my dogs.
All three of my dogs have their own stories and have been a pleasure to live with. They are part of my family I love them the same way I love my children.

Stick The Dog Clip Art

Stick-the-dog-display
I will never forget Stick. Stick came across his name honestly. When he come to join my family with my ex husband and I we had found him along side the road. We just happen to be driving by what we thought was a dead dog along side the road when he just happen to lift his head up and look at us driving by. We stopped and found a very weak dog very skinny that was loaded full of mange, he had little hair left and was just sickly looking. We happen to have some water in the car so we put in something and tried to give it to him. However that one time he lifted his head to look at us driving by must have been the last bit of energy he had. So we gently forced a little water down him and loaded him into the car. Let me tell you, Stick stunk real bad. When we got him home we made him a appointment for the vet, who seen him that day. He first suggested we put him down saying he was going to be very expensive to save. We denied it and told him to fix the dog we wanted to see him back to health before finding him a home. The next day after a bath, some medication, some sleep, and lots of water and food, he was back up and moving. My husband would take him outside and walk him around the block and when he would come home I was say I am so embarrassed people are going to see you with that stick and think we are not feeding our dog. So he became Stick.  We fell in love with Stick and ended up keeping him for many years.  Today Stick is no longer with us in the physical form, however he is forever in my heart. This clip art collection is for you my beloved Stick.

Ziggy The Basset Hound

Ziggy-the-basset
Ziggy what can I say about him. He has those big floppy ears and so full of salt and vinegar all the time. He is very smart and loves to do tricks (probably loves the treats more). As of today Ziggy is about 6 years old he is healthy and very loved. This one is for you Ziggy.  

Dalton The Dog Clipart

Dalton-the-dog-display
Dalton is old but so cute. He sets up on his hind legs with a tennis ball in his mouth, it is so cute. Dalton loves people as long as they do not take his ball away, If he has a ball in his mouth and you call him he will come but you are going to pet his butt because he will not face you if you have ever tried to take his ball. So don't take his ball or you will be forever on his ball thief list. I know the feeling I am there. So of course I had to include his favorite ball in this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment