Thursday, December 27, 2012

Purple & Grey Ribbon Clip Art

I have recently added 31 awareness ribbon clip art sets to my website.  I am having a wonderful time creating my own clip art, I always knew I loved drawing however learning drawing on the computer has been a very new revelation to me.  Everything that I have created has started with a inspiration from my own life.  These sets are no different.  I started with the Epilepsy Awareness Clip Art and moved on from there.


The reason I started there is because my husband battles epilepsy every day having as many as 4 to 6 seizures a day sometimes. After years of being on the medications for epilepsy and probably a result of the medication he also has developed diabetes so I could not leave that out either. 

 

I work here on the internet as a means to be home with my husband for on those days when he is just having a bad day it is very dangerous for him to be alone.  Epilepsy is still one of the most misunderstood conditions there is and yes, there are still people out there that believe a person with epilepsy is crazy.  

Unfortunately the combination of epilepsy and diabetes in my husbands case is a horrible circle.  If his sugar is to high he gets more seizures,  whereas if it gets to low (and to low for him is 150) then he goes into manic states.  There is a fine line he has to walk and staying within it is very difficult.  Putting my dear husband on a never ending roller coaster and sometimes he says it feels like someone has put a blender in his head.  

Everyday I live my life I remind myself how special he is and how much I love him because I wonder when life as I know it will change, and sometimes I pray it is not today.  Over the last 2 years I have seen things that scare me so bad that I have begun to think about where I would be if he was to leave me.  Although I know epilepsy is not a condition that will cause death in the form of most diseases the danger is in being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  

I also have to say I have seen my husbands deterioration, over the past 2 years especially.  I wonder what I do have to fear that the doctors don't know.   Just yesterday I had him in the hospital because he kept saying a seizure was coming but it would not happen, he had been complaining of feeling funny since Christmas day.  Even after 7 years together I did not understand what was going on, he just kept saying Liz you don't understand, it won't stop, and at this point we have to determine if it is the epilepsy or the diabetes causing the issue since they both cause seizures   He went out the door in a ambulance at 6 am in nothing but his bathrobe right after a major snow storm.  I met him at the hospital as soon as I could get there and he was doing fine, but has been in a very high energetic stage since he took my boys out shoveling driveways today and out worked both of them.  They are 20 and 21 years old, they both come home saying they was wore out and Steve was saying lets go back out.  It is great to see him happy after all he went through yesterday but this is to the other extreme of the man he really is not.  So now I am starting to wonder if we have some sort of bi polar coming our way.  He will start seeing the doctor for that this coming week.  

As of today my husband has tried every epilepsy medication there is and even a couple of experimental ones to have no effect on helping him with the epilepsy therefore he is un-medicated right now.  I am now looking for natural diets or medications that may help him.  If you have any tips and tricks comment below and when you purchase either one of these Awareness Ribbon Clip Art sets the money goes to help a family first hand that fights these horrible conditions on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment